domingo, 29 de marzo de 2009

I don't use plastic bags!

Published on Saturday, May 31, 2008


Wow, I just realized there is actually people reading ;) thanks!

Well, right now an issue that is going over and over my head is the fact that here in Mexico people over use plastic bags for everything, and not only in Mexico, same thing happens in Puerto Rico and even when EPA (Environmental Protection Agency from the USA) has a great speech about recycling plans and so on, Puerto Rico is just swamped in garbage.
This issue is quite important for the young people in the island, specially for the AIESECers. We are trying to put our "one cent" with our project Re-Action and it goes further the recycling topic, it involves a CSR strategy for companies.

Anyway, this was not meant to be a Re-Action ad, it is just that at the moment I am just thinking on how I can do something about it...

In the meantime, for those who received Puerto Rico bags in Macedonia, use them wisely for grocery shopping and avoid plastic. I am a real freak about this, once I ended up in an argument with a cashier for not wanting the plastic bag hehe.

Also, I just found this really cool initiative in Buenos Aires, Argentina "No Uso Bolsas Plásticas" (I don't use plastic bags). If you know of other cool initiatives let me know.

Enjoy June and consume wisely!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario