domingo, 29 de marzo de 2009

Walking to the Horizon

Published on Monday May 19 2008

When I first thought about the idea of my blog I thought about this title. This blog took its name from a signature in an e-mail I received that was also borrowed from the Uruguayan author Eduardo Galeano.

The original quote says:

"La utopía está en el horizonte. Me acerco dos pasos, ella se aleja dos pasos. Camino diez pasos y el horizonte se desplaza diez pasos más allá. Por mucho que camine, nunca la alcanzaré. Entonces, ¿para qué sirve la utopia? Para eso: sirve para caminar."

"Utopia is on the horizon. I move two steps closer, it moves two steps further away. I walk another ten steps and the horizon runs ten steps further away. As much as I may walk, I'll never reach it. So what's the point of utopia? The point is this: to keep walking"

I like the idea of the walking part, it is not the utopia what matters but the process you go through and the things you make, change and contribute while walking towards it. I would like to share my walking in this space. Hope you enjoy it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario